The Concise Commandments of Jesus by Samuel Mills, Rob Chalupa, and Bill Shaver
1. "Place God First" Seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you (Matt 6:33 NIV).
Love God above everything else including your Family on Earth.
Have Complete Faith in God - If anyone says to the mountain 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes, it will be done for him. (Mark 11:22-24 NIV).
Ask, Seek, and Knock - Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you (Matt 7:7 NIV).
2. Love One Another - Love each other as I have loved you (John 15:12 KJV). Love covers a multitude of sins.
Love Your Enemies and pray for those who persecute you, for God causes the sun to rise on the evil and good and rain on unrighteous (Matt 5:43-45 NIV).
3. You must be a born again Believer in Christ (John 3:7 KJV) - And Enter Through the Narrow Gate
Small and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only a few find it (Matt 7:13-14 NIV).
4. Forgive others - and Do Not Judge Others: Forgive others so that your Father in heaven may forgive you (Mark 11:25-26 NIV) and do not hold grudges. (Matt 6:9-15 NIV).
Do not Judge - or you too will be judged. (Matt 7:1-2 NIV).
- 5. Repent of Your Sins - Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near. (Matthew 4:17)
- 6. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me." (John 15:4 NIV)
- 7. Be Humble and Merciful and Do Not Exalt Yourself: Be humble enough to wash one anothers feet (John 13:14 NIV), and Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful," (Luke 6:36 NIV). and Do as the Good Samaritan Did - Go and do likewise (Luke 10:30-37 NIV). The greatest among you will be humbled, those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted (Matt 23:8-12 NIV)
8. Care for Those in Distress - On judgement day, may God say to you : I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me,
I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me." (Matt 25:34-36 NIV).
Give to those who ask and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you (Matt 5:40-42 NIV).
Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world. (John 1:27)
- 9. Let your light shine before men - and Be the salt of the Earth - Let men see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven (Matt 5:14;16 NIV).
- 10. Settle matters quickly with your adversary - between one another (Matt 5:25 NIV) then escalate the issue to one or two brothers, next escalate it to the church, (Matt 18:15-17 NIV).
- 11. Get rid of whatever causes you to sin (Matt 5:29-30 NIV)
12. Exercise Spiritual Power - Spread the Gospel And Reform the Church:
We have authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness (Matt 10:1 NIV).
"Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received, freely give," (Matt 10:8 NIV)."
Do not Oppose Other Christian Groups - For whoever is not against us is for us (Mark 9:38-40 NIV).
Go and Make Disciples of All Nations, Baptizing Them
Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age," (Matt 28:19-20 NIV).
And He said to them, 'Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.' (Mark 16:15)
- 13. Obey What I Command - "If you love me, you will obey what I command," (John 14:15 NIV).
- 14. Do Not Swear (I swear On My ______) and do not let evil words come out of your mouth (Matt 5:34-37 KJV).
- 15. Do Not Repay Evil with Evil - If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also (Matt 5:38-39 NIV).
16. Give to Charity Privately, Fast inconspicuously, and Pray Privately:
"Give to Please God, but Not to be Seen by Men" - Do not do 'acts of righteousness' before men to be seen by them (Matt 6:1 NIV).
Do not pray like hypocrites on the street corners (Matt 6:5-7 NIV).
Fast Without Fanfare - Do not look somber (Matt 6:16 NIV).
17. Do not Store up Treasures on Earth where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal, but Store up treasures in heaven,
For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also," (Matt 6:19-21 NIV).
Do not Worry about Your Needs: Arent you much more valuable than birds? (Matt 6:25-26 NIV).
Do not Worry about Tomorrow - Each day has enough trouble of its own (Matt 6:34 NIV).
18. Partake in Communion in a Clean Manner - Do this in Remembrance of Me : And he took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to them, saying,
'This is my body given for you; do this in remembrance of me.' (Luke 22:19-20 NIV).
19. "You Must be Ready" - You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him (Luke 12:40 NIV).
Watch out for false prophets - They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves," (Matt 7:15 NIV).
- 20. Do not Despise the Little Ones - For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven (Matt 18:10 NIV).
- 21. Guard what is Sacred - "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. (Matt 7:6 NIV).